The long weekend is over and I am back from Vienna =(
Heres my top5 list of things you dont want to miss if you are in Vienna:
– Stroll through the impressive ShÃ¶nbrunn palace grounds. The palace is impressive – it truly reflects the power of the old Habsburg empire that ruled a large part of Europe.
– Admire Klimt’s ‘Beethovan’s Frieze’ (on display at the Secession). His ‘Life and Death’ is on display at the Leopold Museum.
– Savour a Sachertorte at the famous Sacher hotel.
– Dont miss the Works by Hundertwasser at KunstHausWein. Even if you are not really into modern art, you will be bowled over by this one.
– Enjoy the paintings and artefacts on display at the Kunsthistorisches Museum. More importantly, enjoy the building – its one of the very few European museums that was built to be a museum and not a converted palace – and the building is a beauty in itself.
Now, its back to the realities of a Monday morning.