There are certain things that most people take for granted that I have to think for a moment. Like for example, the floor that I need to go to – do I count the ground floor as 1 or 0? I rem when I was a kid, we used to count ground as 0, and then I switched and I switched back again. And dates, do I write them as ddmmyy or mmddyy? When I read dates, my mind takes a moment to figure out is it 10th of Jan or 1st of October, for instance. It does not help that the conventions and the systems at work are totally whimsical when it comes to whether they should follow the ways of the locals or the ways of the Americans. I finally got that ‘look left, then right’ before you cross thing right. Thank God, I am no more a walking accident just waiting to happen. But just sometimes, I still feel like the cars are driving on their own, with no driver on the driving side. Alas, there are so many more. These may sound silly, and my brain corrects them after a split second. But that split second makes all the difference.
About Silent Eloquence
Silence is what you hear
Yet pregnant is the quiescence
It’s what this makes you ponder
That makes this silence eloquence.
- A good point, well-made: #Augmentation vs #Autonomy in cars: https://t.co/Np7TDrKjV4 It's time we took a system view, rather than silo views about 1 week ago
- Working in sectors where if you see another woman in the building, you are happy, I look to tech with hope. Sad. Le… https://t.co/wWUo12lcjj about 1 week ago
- Inspiring. https://t.co/ISPuBGGJIZ about 1 month ago
- @srijith https://t.co/QNkhwrKGkx about 2 months ago in reply to srijith
- My first #story from @thewriterstudio workshop is now online. Read it here:https://t.co/eMH5U3DWFC #fiction… https://t.co/DtQ5J9HlOE about 3 months ago
- It seems 2017 has brought in some inspiration to write again. First poem of the year - We, The Millennials https://t.co/417DonvpN3 about 3 months ago
- RT @prathambooks: Today is our birthday :). We are 13 years old. Thank you all for being a part of our journey & joining us in so many diff… about 3 months ago
- My favourite chart of 2016: reinforcing effects on mobility, and how it will change your life! More at… https://t.co/qgEgI53Flj about 4 months ago
- Old friends diverging? https://t.co/u06OucS1Pl about 4 months ago
- I have a first draft that needs to be edited. I can't remember the last time I faced a task this daunting. https://t.co/bRnAiSppw0 about 4 months ago